BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world through creative programming and media strengthening in 22 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and the Middle East and North Africa. We focus on health, governance and rights, and resilience and humanitarian response.
The Country Director represents BBC Media Action in North Africa and is accountable for the organisation. The post holder ensures BBC Media Action’s operation in North Africa is compliant with local and international laws, leads on the development and implementation of the North Africa strategy and ensures all contracts are delivered on time and to budget. The post is based in Tunis.
The post holder will report to BBC Media Action’s Regional Director, Middle East and Europe, in London and will work closely with the Regional Team and other support teams: Editorial Development, Policy and Research & Learning. The post holder will be in close liaison with the BBC High Risk Team in London concerning project activities and Health & Safety.
Are you the right candidate?
- Proven substantial management experience in a media and international development setting with ability to deliver complex projects within deadlines and budget with a good track record of donor liaison and reporting. It is essential you have significant experience in managing large-scale annual budgets of no less than £3,000,000.
- You will have a strong understanding of international development and using the media for development goals combined with a strong track record of developing proposals and raising funds from donor agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of the development and media context in the Middle East.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with a proven track record in forming effective relationships with a range of local and international partners, including at the highest levels of government and media.
- Substantial experience in the management of a diverse team, including recruitment, management, discipline and professional development.
Fixed Term Contract
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the Tunisia.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
|Contract Type||Permanent – Full Time|
|Closing Date||22 July, 2018|
|Job Category||Project Management|
|Business Unit||News – MediaAction|
For more info visit: https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Country-Director-North-Africa/29163