- CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent TEFL-I teaching qualification.
- 4 years full-time teaching experience after obtaining TEFL-I.
- Completion of at least one module of DELTA to demonstrate to attaining DELTA within six months.
- Experience of contributing to management of adult programmes.
- English at Proficiency Level C2: speaker or IELTS band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
- Experience of delivering teacher training, undertaking teacher observations and developmental line management of teachers and support staff
- Master’s degree in area
- DELTA or equivalent TEFL Q qualification
Start date of Contract: ASAP
No of Posts: 1
Deadline to receive applications: 21 July 2018
Internal candidates please remember to include the full version of your most recent end-of-year-record of performance/evaluation and confirm when the system prompts you that you have discussed the application with both your line and centre manager. Please note that we will not proceed with your application in the absence of your line manager’s written approval and reserve the right to withdraw your candidature at any stage of the recruitment process.
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the MENA Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Dubai – [email protected]. Please do not send any applications via email as they will not be considered.
Please refer to our Careers page, Middle East & North Africa, for further information about our teaching centres and the various opportunities available for teachers in the region – https://www.britishcouncil.org/jobs/careers/english/global-network/middle-east-north-africa
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. British Council appointments are contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and where appropriate systems exist overseas, these include Criminal Records checks.