- Works to enhance the digital reputation and positioning of the ICRC, with a focus on Nigeria and the Lake Chad region;
- Finds ways for the ICRC to connect with the relevant audiences by creating, editing and publishing content for the ICRC’s digital channels Implements the digital strategy of the institution and the delegation.
- Produces engaging content for ICRC digital channels (web, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Accurately maps the key channels of influence and trust and sets up systems to leverage them
- Tracks, understands and analyzes relevant data from community platforms and channels
- Converts this data into actionable information for the multidisciplinary and operational teams
- Keeps abreast of developing trends in digital communication and user behavior adapting our digital approach accordingly
- Develops a process for measuring engagement across all digital platforms
- University degree in communication, new media or digital journalism (managing websites, social media projects);
- A minimum of a five-year work experience that includes managing multiple digital platforms at the same time;
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Hausa and other local languages an asset;
- Good understanding of the social media and digital trends in Nigeria;
- Very good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent computer and internet skills, in particular experience in photo/audio editing;
- Advanced understanding of engagement metrics and analysis (Google Analytics, etc.);
- Advanced knowledge in using messaging apps for content, outreach and engagement
- Passion for communication through digital media channels;
- Ability to monitor, interact and efficiently communicate with a variety of priority audiences over digital channels;
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to deliver quality results within the given time-frame;
- Strong team spirit and sense of responsibility;
- Capable of working across departments;
- Willingness to follow ICRC rules and regulations and treat confidential information;
- Availability to travel to the field;
- Ability to multitask and deliver results to a high standard under pressure
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.
- Clearly indicate “Digital Officer Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In your CV, please include a link to samples of your write-ups and your social media profiles
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 20.07.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that the ICRC does not request any payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org