GENERALIST FIELD OFFICER 1
- Monitors security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to ICRC work in the Office Area of Responsibility, giving special attention to humanitarian consequences.
- Contributes to the analysis of this information and sharing it with the colleagues as per the structure’s communication flow.
- Contributes to the development of the structure’s network with relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitates internal or external meetings with authorities and stakeholders at local level. Will represent the ICRC in different forums and to different interlocutors sometimes independently.
- Assists the Head of Office in the security management of the Office, including following up premises passive security (with the administration assistant support) and ensuring staff and visitors respect internal security rules.
- Contributes to the implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with ICRC Mandate and operational priorities in Nigeria.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with ICRC activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently
- May ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions
- University Degree in Social Science; Political Science; International Affairs, Communication or any related field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar function preferably with a humanitarian organization
- Previous experience working with an international organization is an added value
- Fluent in English, and Hausa Languages. Fula/Fulfulde (Fulani) or other language used in Nigeria an asset.
- Proved knowledge of the cultural, ethnic and political fabrics in the states of North-Central and North-West Nigeria. Ideally from Muslim culture/background.
- Existing network with key stakeholders of at least one of the following circles (politics, security, religious, customary).
- Sound analytical skills.
- Outgoing and confident character.
- Honest and Transparent.
- Can work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “Generalist Field Officer 1 Kano” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 20.07.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that the ICRC does not request any payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org