GENERALIST FIELD OFFICER 1
- Contributes to the monitoring of the security situation, identification of risks and expanding ICRC network in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa and Taraba States.
- Contributes to the implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with the sub-delegation strategy and objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian, security, socio-economic, cultural and political environments relevant to the ICRC, sharing relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation as per the structure’s flow of communication.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation to the activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Facilitates and contributes to the work of the delegates and other colleagues, either internally or externally (internal or external meetings with authorities at local level, briefings on ICRC field activities, etc.).
- Contributes to the development of the structure’s network or of own network of contacts with local stakeholders.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently.
- Represent the ICRC in different forums and to different interlocutors sometimes independently.
- May ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions
- University Degree in Social Science; Political Science; International Affairs, Communication or any related field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar function preferably with a humanitarian organization
- Previous experience working with an international organization is an added value
- Fluent in English, Fula/Fulfulde (Fulani) and Hausa Languages
- Knowledge of other language used in Nigeria is an asset
- Proved knowledge of the cultural, ethnic and political fabrics in the states of Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa and Plateau
- Outgoing and confident character
- Honest and Transparent
- Can work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “Generalist Field Officer 1 Jos” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 20.07.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org