Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 850 NGOs in eleven of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO CAR Country Office:
INSO is established in CAR since 2014 and has offices in the capital Bangui as well as Bossangoa and Bambari. More than 60 national and international organisations are registered with INSO in CAR.
INSO CAR is recruiting an experienced humanitarian human resources – administration and management– with a keen interest in INSO and the central African context. The position is based in Bangui.
Expected start date**: mid-September/beginning October 2018**
Reporting to the Country Director, and under the technical guidance of HR HQ, the HR & Administration Manager will be responsible for all HR, and administration functions within the country office. He/she will also be responsible for logistic and procurement. He/she may be supported by any number of relevant deputies, officers and/or assistants as necessary in the context.
The mission has recently opened, and this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to develop the HR function at Country Office level. This role also encompasses responsibility for the management of basic logistic and procurement.
Human Resource Management
- Under the technical supervision and guidance of HR HQ, he/she is responsible for the implementation of all HR projects at the Country Office level.
- Be the focal point for national and international staff for all HR queries at the Country Office level.
- Be the focal point for HQ for all HR and administration queries.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of all INSO personnel and HR regulations (national and international) and ensure that all staff are aware of their right and responsibilities.
- Monitor national employment law/HR regulations and suggest modifications to internal rules.
- To establish and maintain the country office personnel files (national and international) and audit record containing all mandatory documents and items.
- To lead and coordinate national staff recruitment including developing job descriptions, posting vacancies, screening applicants, interviews (where required), reference checks etc. Coordinate with Operational Support Office (OSO) Human Resource Management (HRM) on international vacancies.
- To lead and coordinate national employee on-boarding including preparing contracts, enrolling in payroll and insurance (if any), issuing ID cards (if any) and contract annexes (Legal & Ethical behavior standards, NDA etc). Coordinate with OSO HRM on international employee onboarding.
- To coordinate new employee induction and orientation (national and international) across relevant departments and persons specific to their job.
- To monitor and maintain Legal and Ethical Behavior Standards and ensure all staff (national and international) understand their rights and responsibilities.
- To coordinate and monitor national employee performance monitoring, grievance management and discipline.
- To maintain the employee (national & international) leave records and monitor proper use of leave.
- To prepare national staff monthly payroll and control timesheets.
- To prepare tax payments/deductions as required under statute (for national and international).
- To maintain national staff insurance enrolments/medical payments.
- Lead audit response in area of HR.
- Support OSO in the gathering and monitoring of KPI and other HR related data.
- Monitors and maintains INSOs formal registration in the country.
- Obtain visas, work permits, residencies as required.
- Monitor compliance with national tax codes.
- Monitors compliance with local statutory reporting requirements.
- Maintains local professional advisors (lawyer).
- Coordinates with OSO HRM on the deployment/visits of international staff (flights, visa, accommodation).
Facility and Asset Management
- Prepares and maintain leases and contracts (offices, utilities, vehicles etc).
- Equips and maintains staff facilities and vehicles to the required standard.
- Establishes and maintains the central asset register.
- Ensures implementation of all assets management regulations.
- Functions as overall Office Manger ensuring smoothing functioning of offices in terms of services, supplies and consumables.
Procurement and Logistics
- Lead the implementation of all Procurement and Logistic regulations (internal and donors) to ensure all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Where required, oversee proper implementation of the procurement process as outlined in internal regulations with respect for the division of labor and schedule of authorization.
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Maintain accurate procurements files and audit records.
- Manage and maintain contractual agreements and relationships with vendors/contractors and all service providers.
- Carry out regular local market surveys and ensure the Supplier/Vendor List and other databases are kept up-to date.
- Oversee INSO vehicle management by coordinating needs with the Country Director.
- Lead audit follow up in area of logistics/procurements.
- Fluency in French (written and spoken) with working knowledge of English.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of progressive professional HR experience within NGO sector.
- Highly organized and principled character.
- Proven managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire team.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience or knowledge with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of INSO and its mission.
- Prior field experience in CAR or in a similar position is a plus.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A proactive individual with a can do attitude.
- An eye for detail.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- A good listener.
- An effective communicator.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Terms and Conditions:
For the full terms and conditions please go to https://ngosafety.org/hram_car
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to [email protected] by 09 August 2018 and reference “INSO HRAM-CAR” in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (2-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (3-page maximum).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB.