Clickatell is an energetic, fast paced, dynamic, Sequoia* backed, mobile-always communications company, offering ample growth opportunities and exciting challenges. This candidate will work an agile team to address operational demands as well as Java related functionality involved in on-going project implementations.
*Sequoia played a role in the funding of YouTube, Apple, Google and other exciting companies.
The Key responsibility areas:
- Building of Java, and other related technologies, applications.
- Maintenance of core Java-based applications on our commercial platforms.
- Development work aligned to the Clickatell coding methodology.
- Support of applications and environment
- The core focus of this role will be backend technologies where we use Java 8, Spring 4.2.5 and Spring Data 1.10.1
- Proficiency with Linux (CentOS)
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum methodologies and embracing of their values and principles
- Have significant experience developing Enterprise Grade applications at scale.
- Have excellent communication and technical documentation skills
- Understanding of SQL databases such as MySQL
- Familiarity with Version Control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with the other technologies used at Clickatell would be an advantageous, they are:
- Backend: Java 8, Spring 4.2.5, Spring Data 1.10.1, Jersey 2.22.2, Hibernate 5.1.0, Kafka client 0.10.0.1, Avro 1.8.0, Liquibase 3.4.2, Tomcat 7.0.68, JUnit 4.12, Quartz 2.2.3 and SonarCube
- Web UI: AngularJS, Bootstrap, S3
- Databases: Cassandra 3.0.5, MySQL, Zookeeper, Kafka 2.11, Redis 3,2.8
- Logging: Log4j, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash, FileBeats
- Infrastructure: AWS (Amazon Web Services)
Experience and Education:
- 4+ years of software development experience with Java development.
- Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Degree a significant advantage
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.