MSF-OCP has recently increased the number of hospitals running in the Middle East region :
- Reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation centers in Amman, Jordan and Bagdad, Iraq
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Zahle, Lebanon and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Irbid, Jordan
- Traumatology and burn specialized hospitals in Aden, Yemen and Athma, Syria.
- General hospitals with or without maternity in Khamir, Yemen and Qayyara, Iraq.
- IPC remains a challenge for MSF and specifically in ME with the high burden of AMR.
AntiMicrobial Resistance (AMR) has been defined as a medical priority for MSF in the region and, thus, two regional positions have already been opened to work on these specific topics (stewardship medical doctor and microbiologist).
The Infection Control and Prevention (IPC) nurse position will be integrated in this regional team.
- Improve IPC measures (including sterilization set-ups and processes) in MSF hospitals to reduce the risk of HAI by providing on site guidance to the multi disciplinary teams
- Work closely with regional SW MD and microbiologist to have a holistic approach in regards to hygiene and infections
- Conduct field visits and provide audit and concrete plan for improvement
- Set-up transversal harmonized standards across the mission in the region
- Support the implementation of multidisciplinary approach between clinicians, nurses, cleaners, laboratory, etc
- Follow up the implementation of the plan by organizing support at distance if necessary
- Provide on-site training and participate on the regional training session in Amman
- Assess skills of IPC nurses in the fields, and propose plan to improve it if necessary
- Participate in the recruitment and evaluation of IPC nurse with the field team
- Collaborate with regional microbiologist and regional SW to implement an outbreak alert system and outbreak response and management
- Participate / set up data collection system to follow IPC activities together with SW and microbiologist
- Provide field visit reports, and participate to the monthly stewardship report
Integration in the teams
- In the fields, the IPC nurse will be integrated in the mission and will report to the medco/surgco
- The cells will define the priorities for the visits
- Paris HQ will provide technical support
- Strong previous experience in Infection Prevention and Control
- Experience in team management and coaching/training
- Communication skills
- Result Orientation
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to make organizational changes smoothly
About the position
- Fixed term contract (1 year)
- Salary status according to the MSF salary grid and your previous experience in international NGOs if any.
- Position based in Jordan (20% of the working time)
- International Mobility ( 80%) in the Middle East region
- Monthly Perdiem
- Insurances : medical health coverage, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- Unaccompanied position
Please apply online with your resume and a cover letter :
Only short listed candidates will be contacted