World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in more than 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Online Instructional Designer / Facilitator (Global Position) your primary focus will be the design of Livelihoods online course offerings on eCampus, which is World Visions online learning (Moodle) platform designed to provide predominantly field based staff and partners access to high-quality learning opportunities. You will be a valued member of a globally dispersed training team of Instructional Designers and eFacilitators supported by a Senior Learning Advisor and administrator. In addition you will also be required to develop the capacity of Livelihoods Subject Matter Experts to facilitate the offerings you design, initially through co-facilitation and then through monitoring and supervision.
- Master’s degree or above Adult Education, Capacity Building, International Development or the equivalent.
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in models and methods of learning design, training, facilitation and capacity building (both online and offline).
- Instructional Design experience.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness in an NGO (or similar) context in working with community/grassroot people and organisations in local economic development.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- High degree of proficiency in using email, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Professional, Moodle, (Articulate and video production competence will be looked upon favorably).
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours where necessary to accommodate any time differences between self and supervisor/other colleagues.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 JUL 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.