International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013, and currently has projects in two States (Kano and Borno). In Borno, International Medical Corps has been actively implementing interventions to support vulnerable populations recently affected by conflict and displacement due to the insurgency.
Job Purpose: Procurement Assistant- Data Management responsible for entering and managing procurement data into online and offline systems in order to ensure that information is well accessible and managed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will predominantly be responsible for entering and managing logistics data into online and offline systems and tracking sheets.
- Ensure that PR is entered into online procurement tracking sheet as soon as it is approved. Also, ensure timely entry of the data of a PR life cycle, i.e. RFQ, PO, GRN, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with the Procurement Manager and Officer to ensure that all the contract data are up to date in the contract tracking sheet.
- Ensure data entry into online vendor catalog and other online tools.
- Ensure procurement tracking sheet is updated before its weekly circulation to a wider audience.
- Take part in ad-hoc purchases as directed by the line manager.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for assets.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with regional IMC logistics teams and Procurement manager to ensure appropriate links and coordination support.
- Competencies:Good understanding of donor rules and guidelines
- Good organizational, forecasting and planning skills with the ability to review establish and implement effective systems.
- An understanding of requirements of a rapid response emergency operation.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Diplomacy, tact and communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nigerian local dialects
- Flexibility, adaptability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired
- A relevant degree qualification in IT role ,Logistics and warehousing management software a plus bring the ability to analyze information, to think and plan strategically under the supervision of the logistics coordinator
- Strong advanced IT skills, specifically in MS Excel is a plus
- Previous INGO experience with knowledge of donors and humanitarian procurement and warehousing procedures is desirable.
- Have a strong cultural awareness, excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills with the capability to focus in details.
- Ability to understand and follow procurement procedures in order to provide correct data to the Logistics team.
- Nigerian National
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Ethical conduct for IMC staffs:
The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported/ by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreement. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator International Medical Corps via the email: [email protected]
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is July 21, 2018