Oxfam is an international confederation of 20 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries, as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam’s work is guided by the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness.**
We are looking to equip the regional platforms with Regional Safeguarding Advisors that will play an essential part in promoting good practice and help reach the highest safeguarding standards for the communities where we work, our staff, volunteers and contractors.
We are looking for 7 individuals based in their home country (where Oxfam has an office) to form a flexible pool to serve the Oxfam confederation. We are looking for a spread of skills and languages (French, Spanish and Arabic speakers especially) and successful candidates must have the ability to travel easily within their region.
We invite candidates to read the job description for comprehensive information on the role and the skills and experience we are seeking.
Candidates are also invited to read more about Oxfam’s current action plan, introduced to bring about necessary changes to our policy, practice and culture to stamp out exploitation, abuse and harassment from all parts of our confederation, protecting those we work with and ensuring justice for survivors of abuse.
- Closing date: 27th July 2018 @ 23:59 BST
- Interviews: The selection process will involve a number of stages.
- Candidates will be invited to a screening interview via Skype w/c 6th AUGUST
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to a panel interview w/c 13th AUGUST
- Location: Flexible, based in regions where Oxfam works. Some preferred locations are Dakar, Nairobi, Amman, Tunisia, Bangkok, Manila. Other locations are negotiable. However we can only employ where an Oxfam office exists and a contract of employment can be established in the relevant country. To view a list of locations where Oxfam works click here. Oxfam is unable to provide relocation support for a candidate to take up this role. Candidates must already have and be able to maintain the legal right to take up paid employment in their location. Oxfam is unable to guarantee a work permit for this role.
- Contract: Two years fixed term (subject to location)
- Salary: In line with Oxfam Values. National salary and package & according to location
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
For information on how to apply please go to the Oxfam International Website, found at: https://recruitment.oxfam.org/