BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world through creative programming and media strengthening in 22 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and the Middle East and North Africa. We focus on health, governance and rights, and resilience and humanitarian response.
This role sits in the fundraising team of BBC Media Action – the international charity of the BBC that uses media and communications to tackle poverty and contribute to long-term change in developing countries.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, this role will provide significant administrative support to the fundraising department as well as supporting the communications team. This will include supporting on BBC Media Action’s major fundraising and cultivation events, corporate partnerships, donor research and supporter care where required.
The role will also support the communications team in defending and enhancing the BBC’s reputation and raising awareness of services and programmes.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in a fundraising environment
- Evidence of developing good donor relations, creating and delivering donor
- stewardship programmes
- Experience of providing research on significant individual and corporates donors, identifying new prospects for development
- Contribute to communications material (including the production of assets for use online and social media) – researching, writing, editing and uploading where relevant
- Experience of researching target media for publicity purposes, and media
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
|Contract Type||Permanent – Full Time|
|Closing Date||30 July, 2018|
|Job Category||Administrative Services|
|Business Unit||News – MediaAction|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|