INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
1. Terms of reference
Job Title: Ware House & Supply Chain Coordinator
Duty Station: Based in Maiduguri, field visits in Bama, Monguno, Dikwa, Damasak, Ngala in Borno State (100% field)
Starting date: 27/07/2018
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: FSL PM
Supervision of: 12 national staff
2. General context of the project
Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north eastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs). Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 25 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno, but have also revealed the extent of the crisis. In newly ccessible areas, basic infrastructure has been destroyed, essential services are non-existent, nd ost local governance systems are not functional.
3. General purpose of the position
The WH (warehouse) & Supply Chain Coordinator will assist the Head of Base / FSL Project Coordinator specifically following the overall country WH management, including supplies and procurements, in accordance with INTERSOS country strategies, plans and policies. The WH & Supply Chain Coordinator will be primarily responsible to supervise and manage all WH operation and provide support in the management of the mission’s day to day applied security.
The WH & Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for all the WH operations of the INTERSOS Nigeria Mission in Borno state, including: the provision of secondary transportation services, the careful and frequent recording of movements and changes. The WH & Supply Chain Coordinator will work closely with program and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all INTERSOS activities. In addition, the WH & Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for managing the RITA software.
The WH & Supply Chain Coordinator shall supervise all the warehouses activities including the national WH Officers and their assistants (Ngala, Banki & Damasak) staffs as well as 2 Common Warehouses In-charge Bama and Banki
4. Main responsibilities and tasks
Managing INTERSOS supply chain
To deliver the warehouse management activities according with the mission requests in an efficient way (timing and financial) and sharing the information with the other stakeholders (Project Coordinator, Administration, Logistician, Head of Mission / Base);
· Supports the Log Coordinator to guarantee that purchase procedures are respected, and supports the purchasing process for the whole mission; guarantee the pre-qualification of the suppliers and their evaluation/review at least once every year;
· Works in close collaboration with the log and program staff at field and Abuja / Maiduguri level Ensuring that contracts signed are adequate in terms of effectiveness and protection of INTERSOS interests; Consolidating/updating the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas
· Be accountable of the correct utilization of the web platform used to manage the procurement process, the assets of the mission and the contact list.
· Leads the procurement process and contracting for all shipments in the country
· Supervises the shipment and delivery of materials including NFIs & food items up to their final destination;
· Coordinates with the logistical department at headquarters for the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad and supervises the potential process involved with clearing customs.
- Stock management:
· Guarantees the management and monitoring of the mission’s stock, according to INTERSOS procedures and tools. S/She ensures that these procedures are known and implemented on all the mission’s bases;
· Supervises the Common Warehouses in Banki & Bama including food warehouse in Ngala, Banki, Damasak and Maiduguri / Jere;
· Ensures that stocking sites are appropriate to the mission’s needs and that merchandise is stocked appropriately in terms of location, layout and salubriousness;
· Supervises fluxes of merchandise, makes sure that the goods received are conform, and recorded. S/he is attentive to the use-by-date of products, if need be;
· Ensures quality warehouses management making sure that all the movement of goods are documented and shared with WFP / other donors all waybills;
· Ensures the movement/transfer of documents is properly referenced;
· Checks stock reports on a monthly basis and perform physical inventories.
· Monthly materials stocking, inventory registry and reporting,
- Transportation/Fleet Management:
· Fuel Management at Common Warehouses;
· Manage Cargo shipment;
· Support his team on Casual Worker management (up/off-loading);
· Manage Truck shipment;
· Transportation Coordination and Optimization;
· Log Cluster Focal Point (food & non-food item coordination forum).
- Asset Management:
· Warehouse maintenance (water, sewage, fence, power generator, solar system including inside common warehouses offices);
· Fuel management at warehouses;
· Ensure Equipment – Laptop, Phone, Thuraya, VHF etc. (reparation management, stocking, inventory registry);
· Networking monitoring at warehouses (router devices, Wi-Fi password).
- Staff Administration:
Common Warehouse & Food Warehouses staff management (including drivers and guards);
· manage and lead the warehouse officers/ staff in the day by day delivery activities. Three (3) warehouse officer, Two (2) Common Warehouses, Two (2) Common Warehouses Assistant, Two (2) RITA Data Entry, Two (2) Data Storage Assistant, Security Guards on all warehouses location;
· Handover management (Data backup, email folder backup) of warehouses staff;
· Production of Standard Operating Procedures for all most important Warehouse & Supply Chain domains.
· To perform any other work-related duties if applicable.
5. Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree or similar academic field (a first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree) is required
At least five (3) years of professional experience in the capacity as Logistician / Supply Chain /Warehousing and humanitarian field in countries outside of his/ her residence, with at least one (1) years as senior management level, is required. At least two (2) years of working in potentially insecure environment as expatriate staffs, with proven experience of security management, is required. Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills. Proven experience of managing number of staffs with cultural diversity, ith experience of local recruitment and remote management
- Excellent level of understanding in humanitarian and human rights principles and standards
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Word, Excel, Power-point or other presentation software, Outlook and Skype)
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
Proficient working knowledge of English – ability to coordinate with other actors and produce reports
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties
- Ability to communicate openly and maintain good relationship within the team, government and other local authorities, donor, and other stake holders
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Ability to cope with stress and live in environment with very basic living condition. Incumbent may be deployed to field location without internet and no diversity of food available
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to [email protected] , with subject line: “SR-49-590- Ware House & Supply Chain Coordinator – Nigeria“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.