Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF-USA) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $13.50 per hour.
2018 Internship Program Schedule
|Spring Internship 2018||Summer Internship 2018||Fall Internship 2018|
May 18Please submit your application by:
December 31, 2017
August 24Please submit your application by:
April 18, 2018
December 18Please submit your application by:
August 4, 2018
*For Access Campaign Internships, please aim to submit your application as soon as possible for early consideration!
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- No phone calls please.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- To obtain an internship position, you must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your cover letter indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- Please note, interns are paid at an hourly rate of $13.50/hr.
To view and apply to one of our internship positions, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Example: If you are applying to the IT Internship for the Summer 2018 program, then your email Subject line should be: IT Intern – Summer 2018.
If you are applying for more than one internship position, please send an email for each position using the example above.
Note: Preferred document submission format is PDF and Microsoft Word Document