Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the *Management Information Systems Advisor– Technical* to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The *Management Information Systems Advisor– Technical* will provide technical support in all Management Information Systems (MIS) projects and activities, across all task orders in Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage all technical operations requirements and implementation, internal and external engagements for MIS and related projects/activities.
- Support design, implementation and documentation for MIS and related projects / activities.
- Provide technical support on MIS platforms to facilitates user access to supply chain data for analysis and information.
- Warehouse historical datasets and indicators for all project activities.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate technical solutions to support MIS activities for the GHSC-PSM project.
- Facilitate user requirements definition and documentation meetings / workshops
- Support the development of implementation strategies for MIS activities / projects
- Troubleshoot applications, monitor and record incidents, and communicate findings to all relevant units.
- Maintain technical documentation for MIS projects.
- Support the assessment / evaluation of ongoing MIS activities/projects.
- Support the development and deployment of appropriate MIS applications or solutions for use by the PSM Nigeria program, funders and other relevant partners.
- Support training and capacity development activities for MIS application users.
- Support the administration, management, and support of GHSC-PSM MIS applications.
- Supervise a team of MIS Associates, interns, and consultants to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Management Information Systems Manager – Technical.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Masters degree in Information Systems, Information Communications Technology, Analytics, Engineering or a related field with 3 years of work experience in supporting and managing ICT-based knowledge.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics or related field with 3- 5 years of work experience in supporting and managing ICT-based knowledge.
- At least 3 years of work experience in data and information management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in training and mentoring staff in ICT particularly developing countries.
- Knowledge of data management/analysis processes and tools, e.g. Excel, Python, R, MySQL, Tableau, GIS software, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems related problems and maintain security of the systems.
- Proficiency in working with the office applications, ERP software, communications systems.
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques is required.
- Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to facilitate training / workshops and present technical and strategic Information data in a clear and concise manner to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience in MIS.
- Ability to lead a team, and coordinate across different teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
The Management Information Systems Advisor – Technical will report to the Management Information Systems Manager – Technical
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.