We are Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services for HIV prevention and treatment, family planning and maternal and child survival.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI wants to reimagine healthcare, to put the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bring care to the front door. PSI has a large portfolio of products and services across health areas and is exploring opportunities to expand this portfolio – bringing access to a broader range of products to our consumer when and where she wants them.
You will support the Deputy Director of Global the development of a product portfolio strategy and roadmap for the organization:
- Lead on opportunities to optimize PSI’s existing portfolio of modern contraceptives, safe abortion products and condoms for greater impact and efficiencies (in collaboration with key stakeholders).
- Support the development of product portfolio strategies (including branding guidance where relevant) for these categories in collaboration with health area and marketing teams and in line with global market shaping approaches.
- Assess opportunities to expand the basket of products for PSI’s Social Enterprises across adjacent categories.
- Work with supply chain, marketing, regional and enterprise teams to facilitate the route to market for new products – specifically developing an optimized process for product registration.
- Optimize PSI’s brand audit and trademark registration process.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in successfully bringing innovation to market and new product development. Preference for experience with pharmaceutical sector or fast-moving consumer goods.
- Strong core marketing skills in developing product portfolio strategies across 4Ps.
- Experience in multi-country portfolio management and roll-outs.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly relating to market data and consumer insight.
- A self-starter – the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Someone who is proactive in looking for new opportunities;
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written;
- Fluency in English required.
What would get us excited?
The “Street Cred”. You have significant, successful experience in business and/or marketing-related fields. You have a strong sense of what it takes to develop a successful enterprise, but also understand that it takes a certain mindset to balance responsible market growth and reaching under-served consumers with an eye to sustainable business operations.
Fire in the belly. You bring energy and passion in what you do.
Team player. You ‘play well’ with others and enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
Details. Details. Details. You pay attention to them and focus on quality and consistency.
Developing Markets. You have experience working or doing business in developing markets where getting things done requires ingenuity, patience, and great problem-solving skills. Experience in East Africa highly preferred.
Curious and Flexible. You’re an information sponge and understand what worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today (or tomorrow), that each context is different. You have an ability to adapt quickly to these changing environments.
Desire to Make the World a Better Place. You have a passion to create change in the world and believe in providing better health solutions to the poor. You understand that commercial enterprise principles can be effective in increasing health impact in a sustainable way.
Job title: Product Portfolio Manager
Department: Global Marketing
Location: Washington DC, USA
Reports to the Deputy Director of Global Marketing
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status