DAMCO is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world.
As the “Senior Business Development Manager” (SBDM) your overall responsibility is for the commercial and financial development of a defined Premier/ Premier Plus Customer portfolio, within a defined geographical scope.
The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of additional and new Business actual CM1 from existing and targeted Premier /Premier Plus Customers.
This role will be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will be expected to build and leverage internal relationships to facilitate result delivery.
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed by our business.
A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
The independent nature of the position will provide an excellent platform for development within a sales organization
• Accountable for delivery of the Actual CM1 Additional Business and Contract Renewal targets for the assigned Existing Premier/ Premier Plus Customer portfolio, and New Business / Spot targets from New Premier/ Premier Plus customers, through the sale of mainly Damco standard products (with the focus on selected trade lanes), whilst simultaneously introducing and developing opportunities with customers to sell Damco approved solutions.
• Manage pipeline, segmentation and accurate forecasting of assigned customer portfolio
• Accountable for developing customer relationships beyond merely transactional decision makers, identifying senior decision makers that recognize that supply chain activities are an integral part of the customers’ strategy, may bring the customers’ strategies to life, and thereafter are open to value propositions that through Solutioning, create demonstrable value
• Accountable for also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and renegotiations thereafter, where necessary)
• Accountable for supporting the resolution of Commercial Office/Customer Service Office reported customer issues including problem solving with customers to resolve escalated issues.
We are looking for
• 4+ years in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry
• A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions, pricing and terminology, in the local market
• A strong understanding of Ocean and Airfreight products and regulations
• Great relationship building skills
• Well-developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and presentation skills
• Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
• Strong negotiation skills
• Resilient, tenacious and persistent
• Self-Motivated and performance driven
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
damco.com Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices aroundDAMCO the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com
Last application date: 24/8/2018