Under the supervision of the Admin Associate, the incumbent will be responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation. S/He is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While basic function of a Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, he/she may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The incumbent will have regular contacts with staff within UNHCR office and with service providers outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
· Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, UNHCR pouch and other items.
· Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
· Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
· Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
· Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
· Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
· Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:**
· Completion of Primary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school.
· Minimum 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
· Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
· Good knowledge of English and local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Mechanical skills
- Computer skills
Kindly note that this is a two-step application method for quality assurance reasons.
1. Apply Online:
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply by clicking HERE or use the following link:
Driver – G2 – Abuja (best viewed on Google Chrome)
2. Email Your Application:
a. Kindly prepare an application/letter of motivation, resume as well as fully completed and signed UNHCRPersonal History Form (P11)
b. Submit the application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
The UNHCR personal History form can be downloaded from www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc.
Kindly make sure you use the UNHCR personal History form.
Kindly note that a written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.**
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES WITH THE APPLICATION AT THIS STAGE.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.