Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Job Title: Design Engineer
- The successful candidate will provide direct and specific design engineering support in the Civil /Structural area to project teams and will oversee the Civil/Structural design work of selected design engineering contractors.
- The successful candidate will have technical and engineering knowledge in the area of Civil/Structural Engineering and must be able to work in a team setting.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 5 – 10 years technical and engineering experience in the area of Civil / Structural Engineering
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards
- Ability to carry out necessary surveys required to develop environmental loading demands and ability to interpret as well as apply the results
- Experience in interpreting soil reports and applying soil mechanics principles for design (foundation, piling, earthworks, drainage, undergrounds etc.)
- Familiarity with relevant industry engineering software and applications
- Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental knowledge of Civil/Structural systems design, layout and operation
- Experience in developing and reviewing deck design loading
- Experience in reviewing and verifying structural drawings and modeling foundation properties for structural analysis
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry Application Closing Date
4th December, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To complete the application process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Click the “Search openings” button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job title (Design Engineer) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select “Apply Now” option
- Sign in or click on “create an account”
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk *(please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click “View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.