Lohi Consulting – Our client, Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA) is an independent not-for-profit, self regulatory and self governing organization founded on March 23, 2005 as a stakeholder-led organization, charged with the responsibility of managing the “.ng” country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) name space in the public interest of Nigerians and global internet community.
The Association seeks energetic and self motivated personnel to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Technical Services
Head, Technical Services: Reporting to the COO, the Head, Technical Services will be primarily responsible for:
- Managing all information, communication and technology functions/infrastructure for the association- networks and networking equipment, business applications and ancillary software, hardware, databases, web services and other ICT systems in line with NIRA’s commitment to Registrars, Registrants and technical partners
- Coordinating network design, installation and maintenance
- Leads and coordinates activities of Technical Services Department
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Developing and implementing technical services policies and procedures
- Providing expertise and support to the organization as regards technology infrastructure, technology repairs and technical support for registrars and registrants
- Creating and executing procedures that will result in the continual improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of technical services operations
- Training and mentoring the technical team
- Directing, evaluating and overseeing the technical team in terms of performance and responsibilities in achieving results as it relates to technical services
- Ensuring the association is aligned to global technology standards, particularly ICANN policies and controls
Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- At least 10 years’ work experience within the ICT environment
- A Master’s Degree in a related field will be desirable (or MBA with Computer/Technology Focus)
- Experience with Unix Operating system is compulsory.
- Must have at least 5 years work experience as a database administrator and a system administrator
- Experience with PostgreSQL is an added advantage
- Advanced systems, network, and computer hardware and software knowledge
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator certification or member of any other relevant ICT professional bodies is an advantage
- Must have an understanding of DNS and its operations
- Good communication, project management and negotiation skills
- Able to work effectively within a team
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] and indicate position applied for as subject of the email.