Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Job Title: Marine Engineer
Location: Lagos, LA, NG
Job Segment: Engineer, Offshore Oil, Technical Support, Engineering, Energy, Technology
- The successful candidate will support shallow and deep water assets for all marine related activities.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Providing technical support for the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of marine systems and equipment
- Analyzing inspection results and conducting fitness for service assessment to ensure integrity of marine equipment and mooring systems for FPSO, FSO as well as CALM Buoy crude export systems
- Participating in, or leading various safety studies/activities such as: PHAs, HAZOPS, JSAs, and incident investigations for marine systems
- Reviewing designs for new projects and upgrade of existing marine facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards
- Managing classification and regulatory compliance issues related to marine structures, mooring systems and equipment
- Interfacing with diverse groups including vendors and operations/maintenance technicians on marine-related issues
- Providing technical leadership on all marine-related issues.
- The successful candidate will have technical and engineering experience supporting asset integrity management for offshore marine facilities in the oil and gas industry.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following disciplines: Marine, Naval Architecture, Civil, Ocean engineering or any other related engineering disciplines
- 5 – 15 years technical and engineering experience in the area of marine, naval architecture, civil, ocean engineering or other related engineering degree
- Familiarity with relevant marine engineering software & applications and good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Working knowledge of codes, standards and engineering practices for floating structures design and their application – ABS, DNV, API, ISO codes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To complete the application process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Click the “Search openings” button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job title (Marine Engineer) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select “Apply Now” option
- Sign in or click on “create an account”
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk *(please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click “View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.