The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) is responsible for developing the agriculture sector of the Nigerian economy, with a view to growing the sector, driving income growth, accelerate food and nutrition security, generating employment and transforming Nigeria into a leading global food market, through the commodity value chain concept of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: National Project Accountant
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has secured a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB) Project ID No: P-NG-AA-003; for the implementation of Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Programme Phase-I (ATASP-I).
- The ATASP-I will contribute to the objectives of the Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) of the Federal Government by addressing the constraints of Rice, Sorghum and Cassava value chains in four staple crop processing zones of Adani-Omor, Bida-Badeggi, Kano-Jigawa and Kebbi-Sokoto.
- The Programme comprises three complementary and mutually reinforcing components viz: Infrastructure Development; Commodity Value Chain Development; and Programme Management.
- The specific objective of the programme is to contribute to food and nutrition security, employment generation, and wealth creation along the priority commodity value chains.
- The FMARD is re-constituting a National Programme Coordination Team (NPCT) at the Programme Headquarters in Abuja and some key zonal staff to effectively coordinate the ongoing activities of the project, Consequently, part of the proceeds of the ATASP-I loan will be applied to engage the services of the National Project Accountant at the Programme Headquarters, Abuja.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as well as a professional certificate in Accounting (eg. CPA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, ICAN, CNA etc.)
- At least seven (7) years of relevant work experience, preferably in a donor assisted project/programme. A working knowledge of AfDB financial regulations will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with public sector financial management systems in government and multilateral operations.
- Comprehensive computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word & Excel) and Accounting Software.
- Knowledge of procurement and contract management procedure of AfDB or other Donor organizations would be considered a merit.
- He/She must be a team player and open to learning.
Term of Appointment
- Successful candidates will be required sign a performance contract for one year initially, renewable every year subject to satisfactory performance. The performance criteria will be the indicators for assessing every officer.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Ten (10) copies of his/her Application in one envelope. Each copy of the application should include a CV and an Application Letter/Cover Letter as to why they are best suited for the role being applied for.
All Applications should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Attention: The Head, Project Coordinating Unit,
No.1 Capital Drive, FCDA Secretariat,
Area 11, Garki,
- Applicants should ensure that the position applied for is clearly written on the “Top Right-hand” side of the envelopes.
- Applicants should also note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- The position is open to serving public officers as well as other interested candidates with the requisite qualifications.