Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Subsurface Engineer
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Offshore Oil, Technical Support, Engineering, Energy, Technology
- The successful candidate will provide advanced Subsurface Engineering support for implementation of well integrity management systems and well integrity surveillance; opportunity generation and maturation; work program planning and execution; surveillance and optimization as well as internal (other departments) and external (government, partner and vendor) interface engagement and alignment.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Technical assessment (nodal analysis, wellbore/ field surveillance, investigation of well issues, performing diagnostics and performance analysis) for wellwork program, well modeling for workover and new well completion design and other facets of well opportunity evaluation and execution
- Devising cost effective wellwork plans and techniques to complete wells and workover company-operated wells
- Prioritizing and stewarding wellwork program as well as providing inputs for planning and budget purposes
- Leading opportunity generation, evaluation and maturation for rigless wellwork operations.
- Performing well surveillance for production & gaslift optimization
- Providing technical support to production and rigless wellwork operations.
- Providing onsite technical support at various field locations
- Identifying opportunities to apply new technologies or new methodologies
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Petroleum, Electrical/Electronics, Industrial & Production, Subsea, Material & Metallurgical
- 5 – 20 years of wellwork & related operations experience and adaptable to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Well rounded knowledge and exposure to drilling and completions activities
- Ability to develop all phases of wellwork program; at least three (3) years working experience on offshore rig and experience with rigless based wellwork operations will be an added advantage
- Effective understanding of well design, well integrity/control, transport phenomena within wellbores and wellwork operations as well as ability to demonstrate application in completion design and wellwork operations
- Familiarity with relevant industry engineering software & applications and good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Good written/verbal communication and coordination skills, uncompromising integrity, enthusiasm, quickness to learn new expertise and readiness to work in various offshorelocations
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To complete the application process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Click the “Search openings” button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job title (Subsurface Engineer) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select “Apply Now” option
- Sign in or click on “create an account”
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk *(please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click “View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.