Mentor has some exciting potential opportunities in the USA over the next few months and we are keen to hear from experienced Managers and Engineers within the Energy & Infrastructure industries. If you are interested in being considered for any positions arising, please send us your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- To take full responsibility and accountability for the overall Projects technical function and personnel, whilst implementing and approving corporate governance and procedures, and maintaining best practices, policies and procedures.
Project Related Competencies:
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Applies significant knowledge of fabrication trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Reviews work of development team.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
Technical Effort Management
- Is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects.
- Communicates and enforces Coding standards and Projects specifications.
- Performs Code & Specifications reviews.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Implement tools for: planning, document control, site material follow-up, material take off, and physical progress.
- Manage the quality control team
- Holds regular status meetings with the Project departments.
- Keeps Project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- General knowledge (technical knowledge in mechanical engineering, power, Instrumentation…)
- Good knowledge of systems for the management of Quality
- Good knowledge of English language
- Successful experience in technical management (turn-key projects)
- Competence in design and engineering software packages
- Ability to understand situations (strategic pertinence and anticipation)
- Good communication skills (ability to understand and make himself/herself understood)
- Strong Leadership and communication skills required Teamwork
- Client Management
- Academic qualifications or equivalent
- University degree (B.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Overall relevant work experience in a fabrication unit of minimum 15 years, of which minimum 5 years at a similar managerial position