ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position within the organisation:
Finance, Advisor – Abuja
The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers. S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- First degree in Accounting/Finance is essential
- Relevant Accounting Professional Certification e.g ICAN is desirable
- Master’s degree in relevant field is desirable
- Four (4) years post NYSC working experience, three(3) of which should have been spent in a finance position is essential
- Experience implementing financial control systems is essential
- Sound practical Knowledge of any accounting software and spreadsheets is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) is essential
- Experience working in an International development agency is desirable
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Demonstrable IT skills
- High sense of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Ability to maintain donor relationships and accountability in line with funding policies and standards
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
To apply for Finance Advisor, kindly complete the application form accessed from www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs. Applications should be sent in an MSWord attachment to [email protected]. Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms and CVs will be disregarded.
Please refer to the website – www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs for detailed job description/or terms of reference of respective positions. Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g. Finance Advisor – Abuja
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 19th December 2018. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.