We are an independent company with significant interest in the Oil and Gas industry. As a result of expansion, we seek to engage the services of highly Intelligent, experienced and self-driven individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: HSE Officer
- The ideal candidates will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all health, safety and environmental programs for the company at the field location.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing organizational safety programs at the location.
- Review and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and put in place mitigation plans for all field location operations.
- Train and champion Behavioural Based Safety program at the location for all employees and contractors.
- Inspect all sites activities works, tools and equipment, verify that it is done according the safety regulation and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the field location and develop safety plan that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees and contractors personnel.
- Review all contractor safety plans and verify that all employees will participate in safety plan.
- Ensure fit-for-purpose waste management is conducted at the location.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly report for the assigned location
- Co-coordinate routine fire drills and enforcing safety & security policies.
- Conduct regular HSE audits and incident investigation at the location
- Ensure location permitting system is effectively implemented.
- Facilitate regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on safety policies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees, visitors and contractors.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in core Engineering discipline or equivalent with a minimum of Second Class Upper division. A master’s degree in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage. NEBOSH IGC, HSE Level-3 qualification and OHSAS1 8001 Lead Auditor Training are mandatory.
- Offshore work experience, Firefighting and incident investigation experience will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in an E&P Company.
- Knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards with respect to oil and gas operations
- Must be capable of working with multi- functional teams in project execution.
- Must be very analytical and capable of delivering results
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in a multi disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency In Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This position come with high rewards and benefits.
Application Closing Date
25th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] with position applied for as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.