Village Savings and Loans Advisor – Open to all Nationalities
Location Calabar & Ogoja, Nigeria
Start Date Jul – Sep 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Village Savings and Loans Advisor, you will support the implementation of project activities that involve growing agricultural-based businesses among Cameroonian refugees and host community members. Additionally, you will assist in the delivery of a cash grant and loans model that will equip recent refugees with enough capital to grow their businesses.
In this role, you will support your project officer by organizing and assisting in the delivery of capacity-building workshops in themes of entrepreneurship, life skills, and other thematic areas intended as learning opportunities for Cameroonian refugees and host community members. During this role, you may reside in both Calabar and Ogoja as home bases for project activities in cities Boki, Obanliku, Akamkppa and Calabar in Cross River State, as well as some communities in Benue state.
Apply to this unique opportunity to share your business knowledge with Cameroonian refugees, to improve their wellbeing and livelihoods!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Provide support for strengthening of agribusiness business models among Cameroonian refugees and community members
- Provide support to the Project Officer in the implementation of the cash voucher and loans model
- Provide support to the Project Officer in the organization of content, coordination, and delivery of learning worships in entrepreneurship, life skills, and other thematic areas
- Provide support, coaching, and mentoring to Cameroonian refugees and communities of interest
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its /Equivalent in Business, Marketing, Development studies or related field
Essential Professional Background:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Business Development
- A good knowledge of business start-ups approach and practice
- Strong experience in end market assessment & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with gender mainstreaming
- Good communication and interpersonal skills