Education in Nigeria – Call for Experts
from DAI Global
Closing date: 19 Apr 2019
DAI is an international development company. For more than 50 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in more than 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI is preparing for a large Education and Governance programme in Nigeria to be funded by DFID. The programme is expected to be 8 years duration and will work in multiple states in Nigeria, including but not exclusive to Kano, Jigawa, and Kaduna. The focus of the programme will be to improve state and non-state education systems, teaching and learning approaches, and effective use of evidence to improve education monitoring systems.
We are looking to speak to people who have expertise and wide experience within Nigeria and education in international development contexts in the following areas and roles (we are looking for both short consulting and long term/full time availability):
Education and school focus:
· Education and Policy
· BBasic education curriculum development (including literacy and numeracy and pedagogy, qualifications and assessments)
· Teacher training and learning
· Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) screening and education application
· State and non-state systems basic education delivery and regulation
Governance and programme management focus:
· GESI in education systems
· Education public financial management
· Human and institutional resource management – including recruitment and retention of teachers
· School governance and management
· Safeguarding policy and implementation
· Knowledge and Communications – in the education sector in Nigeria preferable
· Monitoring and Evaluation for effective communication in education
· Large and complex programme management
Indicative timeline for programme start: mid/late 2019.
If you meet any of the criteria above, please apply to this Call for Experts. Relevant candidates only will hear back from DAI.
***Please note that all profiles are indicative only and subject to change once the ToR is made available.***
HOW TO APPLY:
Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna and others