To kick start and roll out the implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition activities in the programme “Support to Early Recovery from Conflict and Resilience Building in Yobe State” at the respective Project supported LGAs.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Health and Nutrition Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY DELIVERABLES INCLUDE :
* Participate in the mapping exercise of health and nutrition services in health facilities in the LGA using the checklist.
* Identify existing community platforms for orientation of community members on health and nutrition behaviours.
* In collaboration with community members, identify community volunteers – Pregnant women and mothers of children under 2years that are practicing the recommended behaviours.
* Provide mentoring and capacity building of Community volunteers in relation to Health and Nutrition and promote coordination.
* Establish and maintain a good working relationship with SCI and relevant stakeholders at State and L.G.A level in relation to Health and Nutrition.
* Write and contribute to reporting including monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the project, and case studies, and lessons learned etc.
* Ensure quality health and nutrition promotion sessions are provided at the supported Health Facilities and during Support group meetings.
* Support the Maternal Newborn Child Health and Nutrition training for Health Workers and Community Volunteers.
* Support Project level assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
* Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
* Promote increasing awareness of appropriate health and nutrition behaviours in project communities and ensure behaviour change materials are visible in Project supported communities and health facilities.
* Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
* With support from the Health and Nutrition Officer, ensure programme activities are conducted in Project supported Communities and are in line with the local law and international standards, laws, and policies.
* Collaborate, coordinate and exchange best practices and lessons learned with other Civil Society organization in relation to health and Nutrition projects in the state.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Degree in Health/Public Health/ Nutrition/ or any related fields with minimum of 1-year progressive experience post NYSC
* Experience in Nutrition and community based programming
* Experience in behaviour change programming.
* Must be from and resides in any of the Project supported LGAs – Damaturu/Potiskum LGAs,
* Good communication skills (verbal and written) and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers.
* Experience in community based interventions in Northern Nigeria
* Demonstrable ability at report writing
* Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages (Hausa/ Kanuri)
* Computer literate
* Strong interpersonal skills.