Information Counselling and Legal Assistance Specialist – Nigeria
Be our next ICLA Specialist in Maiduguri!
NRC started its interventions in Northeast Nigeria in 2015 responding to the most urgent needs of displaced populations. The organization now has 4 offices in the country with interventions in Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Food Security and Livelihoods, Shelter and Non-Food Items (S-NFI), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Education sectors.
The purpose of the Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Specialist position is technical development of the ICLA strategic direction and quality assurance. The ICLA Specialist is responsible for mentoring, train, capacity build staff on ICLA technical capacity.
The ICLA Specialist reports to the Head of Programme.
- Develop ICLA strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs;
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports;
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities;
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within ICLA core competence (CC), ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the implementation team
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from ICLA CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes;
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of ICLA staff;
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Minimum 2 years of ICLA Core competency expertise (as Specialist or Project Manager);
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of the Lake Chad Basin region and northeastern Nigeria context specifically;
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes;
- Experience in team capacity building;
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: May 2019
- Duration: 24 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 40% travel
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location