Project Support Officer at United Purpose, Calabar- Nigeria
PROJECT SUPPORT OFFICER
- Location: Calabar, Nigeria
- Contract type: Permanent, full time
- Salary: £5,000 P.A.
- Benefits: A living allowance (up to £300 per month), secure and comfortable private accommodation, annual return flights to your home country, 25 days annual leave, and comprehensive medical & travel insurance. Above all, we offer a respectful and empowering working environment and the opportunity to make a real impact.
The purpose of this post is to support the Country Director in reporting to donors, sharing and promoting project impacts, identifying funding opportunities and submitting grant applications, and communicating effectively with partners and other stakeholders. The post holder will liaise with other United Purpose Country Programmes in West Africa and also with the UK Office to ensure effective communication.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Advise and support Project Managers on donor guidelines and contractual obligations, particularly on reporting, co-funding, procurement and visibility requirements
• Develop and maintain a database of donors and related funding opportunities that respond to the needs of the Country Programme
• Work with Project Managers to ensure a coordinated approach to donor grant management
• Monitor Nigeria-specific funding opportunities and provide Project Managers with access to and support on donor funding guidelines and application processes
• Assist the Country Director in building donor relations, including attending meetings and identifying opportunities for closer coordination and communication
• Develop strategic communication content, including for brochures, posters and social media
• Build capacity of other staff in proposal writing, project reporting and presentation skills
• Support partners in development of proposals, donor linkages and grant management
This is a pivotal position with significant responsibility that is mainly office-based but with opportunities for in-country travel and exposure to fieldwork. The ideal candidate is well organised, motivated and methodical with a strong understanding of development issues and the passion to make a difference.
For more information on the responsibilities and person specification, please visit our website https://united-purpose.org/vacancies
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV, and a short covering letter to: [email protected] by 21 July 2019 quoting ‘Nigeria PSO’ in the subject line.
In the cover letter, please ensure to explain the following:
- Why you are applying for the position
- How your skills and experience meet the person specification
- When you would be able to take up the position if it were offered to youAll applications will be acknowledged but only successful applications will be contacted further.
United Purpose has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.