Skillpool group: Corporate & External Affairs
Reference ID: 117796BR
Purpose and Accountability
Our Internal Communications Centre of Excellence (CoE) team at Shell play a critical role to successfully develop and execute Shell internal communications strategy on a global basis. The key objectives are: connect staff with strategy to ensure each employee understands their personal contribution to the company success; connect leaders with staff at all levels to strengthen employee engagement and motivation and drive a high-performance culture; and connect the organization with the external world and customers.
The Country Internal Communications Adviser South Africa is to unleash business performance and build employee engagement. The role equips leaders with the right communications and engagement approach to inspire employees to be their best. The strategic counsel and content delivered is at the forefront of defining the right conversations fundamental to Shell South Africa’s success.
The role works intimately with the Country Chair, the leadership team, and business to understand strategic priorities and key goals, and to drive consistent communications which align all employees to focus on the right work that delivers bottom line value, fosters a culture of care, collaboration and inclusion.
- Responsible for development, implementation and co-ordination of tactical and operational Country Internal Communications.
- Work with senior leaders to build and deliver the Shell South Africa Downstream strategy, with messaging, utilising 8-step communications plan methods and applicable channels consistent with the overall Internal Communications CoE direction of simplifying and decluttering.
- Run, develop content, and manage engagement for Quarterly Business Results with senior leaders and employees.
- Internal Communication custodian for delivery of SDSA 2030 Purpose work and five ambitions, partnering with ambition owners and working groups to build the purpose to CVP narrative and engagement.
- Manage capacity building on Leadership Communications within the organisation.
- Work with External Relations to identify integrated solutions for business activities and ensure alignment with Media Relations.
- Ensure Internal Communication deliver with a commercial mindset, focused on business outcomes, prioritisation, simplification and standardisation.
- Integrate metrics and measurement into all strategies and plans in line with continuous improvement and operational efficiency methodologies
- This position is an Individual Contributor