In this role, you will cultivate new strategic partnerships with an annual value of £100K-1M.
* Build a sustainable pipeline of new business prospects and opportunities, from diverse funding sources
* Forge relationships with new trust partners outside the UK
* Support collaborative trust fundraising globally, working with multi-disciplinary teams across WaterAid’s country offices and federation members
To be successful, you’ll need:
* An externally focused and proactive attitude, with the energy and passion to engage people and excite them about WaterAid
* A demonstrable track record in securing grants (>£100,000 per annum) from new business trusts and foundations
* Great presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven experience of generating new business from cold and proven ability to meet and exceed personal targets
* New business experience from other fundraising and commercial settings also valued
* Experience in handling objections and negotiating successful mutually beneficial outcomes for internal and external relationships
* Confidence networking to represent WaterAid at donor events
* A degree or equivalent qualification or experience
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Surrogacy pay
* Season Ticket Loan
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 08/09/2019. Availability for interview is required on 19/09/2019 and 26/09/2019
To see the full job pack, please click Apply.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in either Word Document or PDF.
Salary: £36,500 – £40,000 depending on experience (with excellent benefits)
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please visit our WaterAid website.