Work Location: Based in Maiduguri with regular visits to all our field location in Nigeria
Reporting to: Project Manager
General Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the project officer will provide professional technical advice on project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and enhancing teamwork and capacity building in order to ensure the delivery of quality aid to beneficiaries and their communities.
- In coordination with the project manager, prepares, manages and regularly updates the project activities work plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with the defined project strategy as well as INTERSOS and donor guidelines.
- Attends regular meetings with team leads / field staff to discuss programme progress, take corrective measures as required and develop action plans.
- Actively participates along-with other project leads in coordination meetings, if requested
- Participates in the development of relevant activities, including monitoring, assessment
- Supervises field activities and movements of staff
- Supervises the payment of volunteers and other support staff
- Supports the PM during the recruitment process
- Monitors the fields staff pending aging and liaises with them to close the pending in accordance to the specified maximum aging in INTERSOS Control Model
- Collects and checks field financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets, etc) and supply them to Maiduguri finance office.
- Provides support to MEAL team as they conduct assessments of community needs, by providing input into the assessment, arranging the logistics of the visit, and analysing the assessment results
- Provides input in development of intervention strategies and budgets taking in consideration community needs, cultural and environmental appropriateness, and feasibility.
- Contributes in weekly, monthly, and quarterly narrative reports on field interventions
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Project Management, Engineering, Economics or related field from a recognized higher institution
- A Certifications in Project management is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in multinational working environment
- Minimum 2 year experience with recognized INGO
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Excellent networking skills.
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency
- Knowledge of NGO and Humanitarian industry
- Experience in networking and coordination with NGOs, UN and authorities
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good organizational skillsAbility and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 2nd October 2019 at 4:00pm.
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.