Deputy Food Security Project Manager (Nigerian National only)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Deputy Food Security Project Manager
Maiduguri based with 60% project locations travel
Food Security Project Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
General Purpose of The Position
To supervise the Food Security activities implemented within the framework of the WFP project, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed upon with the donor, and that these activities are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Line management for the Food Security & Livelihood project staff including Field Coordinators including gender main streaming and ensuring protection protocols are in-line with project;
• Coordinate, supervise and manage Food Security distributions, Nutrition related activities, protection Mainstreaming in line with proposals including strategies and donor requirements (if any advice by management);
• Provide primary level information / Assessment / SCOPE registration / targeting / Analysis to elaborate project concept notes and proposals for submission to FSL Project Manager (National);
• Ensure adherence to INTERSOS policies, guidance and procedures at field level by all Food Security Project staff;
• Provide distribution / CBT / WH / protection / Nutrition reports to the FSL Project Manager (National) as required;
• Provide regular progress reports including draft PAT to the FSL Project Manager (National);
• Ensure that the project targets the beneficiaries that are most vulnerable and most in need;
• Initiate and participate in the development of relevant Food Security Monitoring / assessment / verification processes;
• Ensure to identify capacity building gaps of project staff and transfer of key skills through different arrangements;
• Implement other tasks as might be required with relation to the INTERSOS Country Program in Nigeria.
• Presentation of monthly project progress report
• And any other assigned job by the Project Managers/HOB
Tertiary level of education in any relevant field
Minimum of 3 year in humanitarian work “desirable”
Previous nutrition work experience
Good speaking, writing and reading skills
Good computer skills
English, Hausa and Kanuri “desirable”
Hardworking, discipline and trustworthy “desirable”
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 10th November 2019 at 4:00PM
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.