OUTREACH AND HYGIENE PROMOTION ASSISTANT.
Closing date October 13, 2019
Job title: Outreach and Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Duty station: Ngala
Starting date: As soon as Possible
Repotting to: Hierarchical**;** OHP Officer
JOB SUMMARY Outreach and Hygiene Promotion (OHP) Assistant is responsible for the quality of INTERSOS’ interactions with IDPs and the local communities, ensuring strong relationships and promoting community ownership of all INTERSOS activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene in Borno State. The Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible for activities Planning and mobilization, Conducting trainings for communities on hygiene, Water Management Committees, Awareness campain, Data collection, supporting WASH INTERSOS in developing the new concept ideas and mobilizing the communities for WASH activities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disseminate key messages on hygiene and carry out massive hygiene promotion campaign
- Ensure community participation in all WASH activities.
- Mobilize, train and follow-up on communities/WASH committees formed and/or trained by INTERSOS in all activities concerning WASH, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership by the community
- Plan for, organize and conduct trainings for communities and committees in areas such as Water management Committees, School hygiene clubs, Hygiene awareness in communities
- Ensure constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions and report
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field, to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation in the activities
- Ensure that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities
- Gather health and hygiene related information and report to Hygiene Promotion Officer
- Liaise with community leaders and other groups within their communities
- Conduct relevant needs assessment whenever requested
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement
- Must have a minimum of Diploma Environmental Health Studies, Social Sciences or other relevant fields with relevant experience and training in Hygiene Promotion
- A minimum of three years’ experience in WASH, preferably with humanitarian organization
- Strong humanitarian commitment
- Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative.
- Availability to work in targeted LGAs, Borno State.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.Please note that ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.Application deadline: apply no later than 13th October 2019 at 4:00PMPlease note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.