Marketing Executive (Lagos, Nigeria)
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets.
They started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
So far they disbursed close to 500,000 microloans and give more than 5000 loans daily. They are backed by top notch US/EU investors and have raised 15m EUR + Venture Capital supporting our stellar growth.
They are a team of 45 between Paris and Lagos in Engineering (Android, Data, Backend), Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Operations.
FairMoney is on a mission to revolutionize banking in emerging markets. Our vision is to provide fair and transparent financial services to those excluded by traditional banks.
We are looking for a talented Marketing Executive to join our Direct Marketing team in Nigeria and help us achieve our goal of building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets.
You will execute marketing projects, creative advertising/communication campaigns and events that will promote our products, services and public image, as well as drive the company’s ambitious growth targets, backed by data and knowledge of trends and customer requirements.
The goal is to reach out to the market and cultivate customers’ interest in our products and services in ways that strengthen our reputation and facilitate our continuous growth.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in Marketing/Content/Social Media management
- BSc/BA in Marketing or relevant discipline
- Proven experience as Marketing Executive or similar role
- Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis and statistics methods
- Data-oriented, solid analytical capabilities and attention to detail a must
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Thorough knowledge of marketing best practices
- Proficient in MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Practical knowledge of social media and web analytics
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- Collaborate with the Head of Direct Marketing in the implementation of marketing plans, including promotional materials, advertising opportunities, and customer acquisition activities
- Write copy for a range of marketing channels (Newsletters, Blog, Website, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Develop and maintain social media strategy to grow an engaged social following on FairMoney’s social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Supervise the production of all marketing materials, including printed documents, media advertising spots, website content, social media accounts and digital advertising
- Monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance
- Coordinate with the Head of Direct Marketing to monitor expenses, ensuring that we leverage the value of all of our marketing channels to their best (owned channels, earned media, paid media, performance marketing)
- Maintain and build a network with a range of stakeholders including customers, media, influencers, celebrities, communities and suppliers
- Assist in securing access to major media channels and important sponsorships and partnerships
- Monitor competitor activity and suggest potential improvements or changes in marketing strategy, products, or services
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria ()
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: > 3 years