Programme Officer – Humanitarian Response
CBM is an International Christian Development Organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. CBM provides grants sourced from private and institutional donors to local partners, who subsequently implement the grants on the basis of contracts signed with CBM detailing implementation, accounting, and reporting standards. In this set-up, CBM Country Offices (CO) perform control and monitoring procedures aimed at partner projects; control reports from implementing partners to C8M, including comparison with original source documents, project contract and cost plans; and ensure compliance with organizational and statutory requirements.
- CBM is seeking a Programme Officer (Emergency Response) to support emergency response projects in the north-east, funded by CBM Germany and BMZ.
- In close cooperation with local implementing partners, the Programme Officer (Emergency Response) assumes responsibility for the smooth running of CBM-supported emergency response projects from the planning phase to final evaluation, including reporting.
Planning and implementation:
- Detailed programme planning with implementing partners and other key stakeholders
- Strong collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the governments
- Facilitate joint meetings and activities among partners
- Monitoring and knowledge management
- Monitor plan design and implementation
- Support routine data collection and validation.
- Provide support for analysis of routine service performance data and assist in following up on the implementation of recommendations.
- Support the archiving of lessons learned, success stories and best practices.
- Support to conduct quarterly data quality assessments.dav
- Development of detailed multi-year plans
- Deliverables and milestones planning
- Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
- Updates on risk assessment (and risk management)
- Regular updating of all plans
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Recommendations and corrective measures
- Scheduling of evaluation, including ToR’s development, consultant selection, evaluation coordination and integration/use of recommendations in decision-making
- Documentation of lessons learnt and good practices
- Monitoring / progress reporting, according to donor’s requirements
- Other types of reports issuing
- Prepare project briefs, reports and presentations as required
- Partnerships implementation and follow up (rights and obligation)
- Support to partners for elaboration of annual and quarterly budgets and activity plans
- Capacity building needs identification and implementation
- Support to partners in reporting
- Active involvement in cluster meetings and activities
- Networking among emergency response clusters
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary
- University Degree/ HND in Psychology, Law, Sociology, Development or other related Social Sciences field is required; Master’s Degree will be added advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years specific professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have both national and community-level engagement;
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in English language is a must
Please note that the above job description is not exhaustive. The responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to suite the demands/realities of the job
How to Apply
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, please send your CV and motivation letter in one(1) document to**: [email protected]** titled “Statement of Interest: “Project Coordinator – Maiduguri” or “Programme Finance Officer” clearly indicating your location of choice in the subject line**.** The deadline for application is 24/12/2019.** This positions have a national compensation package and is subject to local employmentand immigration laws. Candidates who apply for any of the above positions must have the legal right to work in Nigeria.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position
Applications will be selected on a rolling basis.