Our client, a cement manufacturing company, is seeking to hire a Country Accountant to work in a permanent position in Lagos, Nigeria.
* Oversee the Country’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
* Ensure accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Drive and oversee the budgeting process in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
* Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
* Ensure the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with Company’s accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
* Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of Company’s financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
* Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
* Prepare and submit periodic reports to Management on the activities of the department.
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Country Accountant – Lagos – French & English speaking