Our client, a cement manufacturing company, is seeking to hire a Tax Specialist to work in a permanent position in Lagos, Nigeria.
* The Tax Specialist is responsible for managing the overall tax compliance for the company including income tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE and other tax regulatory bodies. You will support in the development and ensure the execution of the corporate tax strategy across the Group. You will oversee the computation and calculations of the Company’s tax position across various regional and functional tax authorities.
* Responsible for the submission of all statutory and non-statutory tax returns across all taxes.
* Advises on all tax disciplines, including corporation tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE, and other special purpose schemes.
* Supports the interpretation and implementation of new tax legislation, and participates in and responds to consultation with FIRS and other State IRSs.
* Reviews commercial agreements for tax relevant issues.
* Provides relevant training both to Tax staff and to colleagues across the business on relevant tax matters.
* Communicating the impact of tax on group KPIs to senior stakeholders in the Company.
* Ensuring systems and controls operate to manage, consolidate and report tax impact on IFRS and other required reporting numbers.
* Supporting with analyzing tax impact of transactions, regulatory and accounting developments and communication of key messages to senior stakeholders.
Requirements: Education & Experience
* Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business related courses
* Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACTI, ACCA, ICAN, CITN)
* 15+ years’ experience in finance with a focus in tax operations for manufacturing organizations. Cement or FMCG Sectors will be an advantage
* 5 years progressive supervisory/leadership experience
* Understands State and Federal Tax regulations, with exposure to FIRS and State IRSs. Exposure to IFRS and public company regulatory reporting/filing requirements will be an advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Strong stakeholder engagement, influence and negotiation skills
* Exceptional project management skills
* Business acumen – shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps the tax, regulatory and industry knowledge up to date and uses cross-functional knowledge
* Exposure and knowledge of ERP applications. Experience with SAP will be highly advantageous.
Tax Specialist – Lagos – French & English speaking