Women Center Facilitator
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Women Center Facilitator to be based in Damboa.
Position: Nigerian nationals only
The Women’s Center Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills and knowledge building activities and recreational activities. She is overall lead in community mobilization for GBV awareness and sensitization at community level of the project sites in Maiduguri.
· In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation
- In coordination with volunteers / partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
- Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities
- Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WFS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
- Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
- In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers
- In coordination with women, leaders / SEMA / NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child etc.
- Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers / partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
- Supervise community volunteers / partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers / partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
- Organize and implement bi weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics
- Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics
- Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree or Diploma in Social Science
· Excellent report-writing skills.
· Fluent in written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa
· Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
· Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
· Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
· Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
· Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
· Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
How to Apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: [email protected]
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is 13th March, 2020.