Grants officer at MDM Nigeria
For almost 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state since 2016. The program is implemented around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support. MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
MdM is running directly 3 clinics in Maiduguri Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila and El Meskin. A field team has been set up since June 2017 in Damboa local government area (LGA) and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP Camps but also for host population. MdM medical team is supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for donor proposals and reports writing. You work in close collaboration with the program coordinator and the desk at the HQ. You ensure compliance with donor requirements, rules and regulations dissemination and acceptance by key staff.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
Donors proposals and reports Writing
- Support and work together with the desk, the general coordinator and the program coordinator for the writing of any proposals
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ
- Make sure that the proposal match MdM strategy in Borno
- Support the program coordinator by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the proposal (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with medical, logistics, HR and finance departments to ensure consistency among the different components of the proposal – i.e. logframe, budget, procurement needs, narrative
- Review the different contributions (especially from the program department), share comments to the team to ensure the quality of the document
- Make sure that all indicators are acceptable and target realistic, in collaboration with the program coordinator and the M&E supervisor
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ (Desk, Public and Institutional Funding Unit, program support officer) and consider donor compliance and guidelines to ensure adherence
- Support country mission in the coordination and the writing of donor reports
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ
- Ensure adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff
- Follow up on mission-level reporting and ensure that documents are submitted on time
- Support the program coordinator by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the reports (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with medical, logistics and finance departments, to ensure consistency among the different components of the reports
- Act as a focal point for report related queries, e.g. templates and compliance, in collaboration with the Public and Institutional Funding Unit
- Take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report, by liaising with the different mission departments to get and review their contribution
- Maintain overview of all donor requirements, rules and regulations; ensure their good dissemination and acceptance by key staffs
- Carry out regular donor mapping exercises and in identify new funding opportunities in line with the country programme’s strategy
- Maintain a database of current and expected call for proposals
- On request of the general coordinator, approach relevant donors for potential funding
- On request of the general coordinator, attend to meetings with donors
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)/Partnership Agreements
- Support the program coordinator in the writing of needed operational MOU or amendments (for instance: Ministry of Health, UNICEF, other INGO or UN agency)
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MOU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Act as focal point for HQ and liaise in priority with the Desk, the legal department and the international network
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: June 1st 2020
Gross monthly salary: 2.548 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Break policy every 3 months
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM, 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Training & Experience
Master degree in the following or related field: development, international relations, humanitarian management
At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
Experience of writing proposals/reports
Demonstrated experience of coordinating and preparing strong narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors
Experience developing and working with project budgets
Understanding of donor compliance, especially for OFDA, GMOFA, ECHO
Experience in humanitarian and development context highly appreciated
Experience in multi-donors’ budgets and multi-countries grants
Training and capacity-building experience
Excellent level of communication both written and oral
Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision, autonomous
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Organisational skills, rigor, detail oriented
Ability to classify and to manage priorities
Listening and diplomacy skills
Ability to work in unstable and volatile context
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
Languages: English is mandatory, knowledge of French would be an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to Apply
Interested? Please apply (CV + cover letter) via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JoKwSWta?idpartenaire=128