Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group invests in emerging economies, adding value to locally available resources targeting an end product both for local consumption and the global market. TGI has over three decades of experience building local and regional sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, etc. The Group’s global presence in manufacturing, warehousing and supply chain facilities spans 15 countries, with a staff of over 9,000.
TGI Group is the owner of market leading companies in Nigeria such as Chi Ltd., Chi Farms, Chi Pharmaceuticals, Cormart (chemicals), WACOT (agriculture), Romson Oilfield Services and others.
The objective of this role is for trainees to gain practical insight in different functions across the Group to take over relevant responsibilities after finishing the Executive Management Trainee Program.
All trainees are expected to:
- Contribute knowledge, skills and positive attitude throughout the program
- Grow constantly through active trainings, team work and discipline
- Achieve a level of professionalism that creates a basis for onward placement at the end of the program
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master or Ph.D. graduation (within last 18 months) in any field of study
- Excellent grade expected
- Age: applicant must not be more than 32 years by end of December 2015
- Flexibility: willingness to work in different business areas and locations in Nigeria when required
Key competencies and attributes:
- Excellent analytical thinking and decision making skills
- Business sense
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to inspire and manage change
- Diversity management skills
- · Sales and marketing
- Team player
- Extensive working knowledge of microsoft word, excel and powerpoint and Intranet mailing facility