FINCA International, one of the world’s leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than a million clients through 23 subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia.
The Fundraising Volunteer will support the management of the Blackbaud fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge, utilized by FINCA. He/she will focus mainly in the creation of fundraising relationship and proposal records, as well as conducting donor record updates, as needed.
- Update and maintain Donor Records within Raiser’s Edge;
- Update and enter fundraising grant information in Raiser’s Edge;
- Interview solicitors to obtain donor relationship history and translate into Raiser’s Edge;
- Conduct data analysis;
- Query, export, and report data batches in Raiser’s Edge;
- Support development of user manuals and guidelines;
- Additional logistical support as requested
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT
January 2016 to May 2016
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED
A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, 20 hours per week preferred
- Knowledge of microfinance products and services;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to enter data with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, able to successfully complete tasks with minimal supervision
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
MA, MNM in Fundraising Management or Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred; undergraduate students (rising juniors and seniors only) with focus in non-profit management, business administration, or economics are also encouraged to apply; Coursework in research methods, computer science, project management preferred
Experienced in Raiser’s Edge, and other Blackbaud databases; Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office required); Ability to communicate via email and Skype on a consistent basis
Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English required.
He/she will work mainly inside the New Business Development department with various teams including Direct Marketing, Project Management, and Special Projects.