The Nigerian Bottling Company Plc is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria. Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
The Automation/Electrical Technician reports to the Electrical Engineer. The key responsibilities is to carry out maintenance of all electrical/automation equipment (bottling and utilities) and their controls while ensuring high equipment reliability, high product quality, zero safety incidents and consistent delivery of budgeted volume targets. Other responsibilities include:
- Do proper troubleshooting and repair of all electrical and automated machinery and all related controls.
- Ensure machine uptime at all time by ensuring continuous engineering response improvement
- Drive loss elimination on all lines.
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly condition monitoring is carried out.
- Other duties or responsibilities specified by the superior, resulting from the actual and specific requirements of the job in a given location.
- Ensure that contractors that work on any electrical equipment work safely and comply with all safety rules within the plant
- Ensure that all machine guards, safety switches and status indicators on all equipment are in place and functional
- Ensure a clean uniform and the required PPE are used always
- Ensure all equipment panels are numbered, clean, dry and closed all the time.
- Ensure proper technical tools management
- Ensure all cables (power and control) are clean, terminals firmly secured, adequately glanded, properly labeled and well arranged in the cable trays and covered.
- Ensure all breakers and fuses are adequately rated and set, and no vibrating or humming contactors or relays in the panel
- Ensure all filters are clean and panel cooling ACs are working.
- Ensure all electric motors are numbered and labeled and the label MUST correspond with the identity in the manual and the contactors in the panel.
- Keep physical record of all electric motor on your line or assigned areas � the record must indicate which motor has problems and how it was solved.
- All electric motors MUST have their fan blades in place and in good form with fan covers.
- All motors must be clean and must not overheat, MUST be IP55 compliance
- Ensure routine electrical/ automation maintenance are carried out as at when due on all equipment.
- Document and sign off all maintenance activities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Relevant Technician Qualification preferably OND in Electrical Engineering or City & Guild part II or its equivalent *Basic Programmable Logic Control troubleshooting preferably Siemens S7 *Instrumentation and Electro-pneumatics skills *Sound knowledge of electrical wiring diagram *Fair level of computer literacy. *Good command of the English language. *Proven problem solving skills must be minimum average. *Basic understanding of bottling technology *Knowledge of Maintenance procedures *Basic organizational & time management skills *Knowledge of interpretation of policies, procedures and systems in Manufacturing *Drive for results *Timely feedback giving skills *Teamwork skills/mindset and High integrity *Ability to communicate effectively *Willingness to experiment and try new ideas
Relevant Technician Qualification preferably OND in Electrical Engineering or City & Guild part II or its equivalent
- Experience: 2
- Profession Type: Automation/Electrical Engineering
- Functinal Area: Manufacturing
- Function Name: Manufacturing
- Job Reference: AET/02/2017
- Post Date: 2017-02-23
- Clossing Date: 2017-03-09