Winrock International is currently recruiting Senior Technical Advisor candidates for the anticipated Nigeria Farmers and Families Forward activity. This will be a three-year, $1.6 million project, co-funded by USAID/Nigeria and Nestlé to support Nestlé’s cereals plan for maize and soybean in Nigeria’s Kaduna State. The project will support broad-based, economic growth in Nigeria by improving the on-farm practices of smallholder farmer suppliers to arrest the growth of mycotoxin both pre- and post-harvest, and design viable drying practices that will reduce detected aflatoxin. The approach will support smallholder farmer suppliers to meet the increasing demands of Nestlé cereal factories in the region by reducing the high levels of aflatoxin and other contaminates. The Senior Technical Advisor position will be based in Kaduna State and is subject to a project award being made to Winrock International.
The Senior Technical Advisor will provide technical direction to the project. S/he will be responsible for developing and leading the project’s technical approach to pre- and post-harvest interventions, including scaling available technologies. The Senior Technical Advisor will provide capacity building to project partners, including farmers, farmers’ organizations, and private sector partners. S/he will be responsible for identifying technical interventions to reduce the presence of aflatoxin and other contaminants in the maize and soy value chains. S/he will also be responsible for identifying technical assistance needs and developing scopes of work for volunteer engagement in specific technical assistance interventions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in agronomy, agribusiness, agricultural economics or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively senior experience managing agriculture/value chain projects;
- Demonstrated experience in working closely with private sector partners, preferably in a public-private partnership framework;
- Demonstrated experience implementing pre- and post-harvest interventions in the maize and soy value chains;
- Proven record of achieving development impact in projects focusing on food safety and export quality standards in commercial agribusiness, service provision, market development and investment promotion.
- Experience in aflatoxin control projects/activities is desirable.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in the supply of technical assistance and inputs to smallholder producers and producer organizations.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Hausa also required.
Please send your CV and cover letter to RecruitingWINigeria@gmail.com