Save the Children in Nigeria has experienced a rapid scale up of its humanitarian response from 6 to 17 million USD over the past two years. The response is focused on the northeast of Nigeria which is experience a massive humanitarian crisis due to the insurgency and counter-insurgency operations. The Save the Children humanitarian response in the northeast focuses on sectors like: FSL, nutrition, education, WASH and child protection.
Within this context, the Humanitarian PDQ Manager has a strategic role in leading on humanitarian planning, quality programming and managing and improving MEAL systems within the humanitarian context in northeast Nigeria. The role holder has direct oversight and direction responsibilities of thematic technical advisors in addition to MEAL and has direct support role in producing the sector related updates in the the monthly humanitarian sitrep reports with the communication team.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent is desired.
- Additional training degrees on humanitarian response programming, budgeting for US and EU based donors or equivalent
- Recognized leadership role in relevant technical areas at both field and country level
- Substantial experience in management experience in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in a protracted emergency context, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, Child rights governance, youth development, food security and livelihoods
- An understanding of the issues concerning the NGO sector, both development and humanitarian issues
- Solid experience of developing and managing monitoring and learning systems
- Good analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
- Strong advocacy and policy development/implementation experience and skills
- Proven ability to lead proposal development teams for US government, ECHO and EU proposals
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
- Resource management, training , capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams, in emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Proven ability and experience in report writing and quality review
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Experience in working in Nigeria, particularly northeast Nigeria
- Knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri language
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘Fsy.firstname.lastname@example.org‘