BBC Media Action is seeking two E-Learning Articulate designers to design interactive e-learning content for an online journalism training programme. The Articulate Designer will be responsible of creating an engaging and interactive online courses to address specific project needs.
BBC Media Action is currently implementing a capacity strengthening project across the six Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates). The project aims to empower journalists, citizen journalists, online publishers and other media practitioners with technical and editorial capacity. The project will enable them to produce accurate, balanced, impartial and credible reports that are based on multiple sources and present diverse viewpoints, and build their skills in facilitating common ground narratives and dialogue between different interest groups, with a particular focus on amplifying female voices. The project will aim to do this by conducting a series of online training courses, mentoring and publishing initiatives for a total of 100 trainees. The trainees will enrol in the online modules, engage with a mentor and in online discussions with other trainees, produce and publish material online.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to design and develop high quality and engaging media rich content. The consultant will work with our in-house designer and independently.
Location: Tower Hamlets, London
Number of positions: Two, one Arabic speaker
Contract duration: Freelance contract between 2 weeks to 2 months depending on availability and work plan between August – October.
Please send the following by email to KhabarAcademy@bbcmediaaction.org using ‘Articulate Designer Application, First Name, Last Name’ in the subject line:
- A cover letter of maximum 1 page specifying which of the areas outlined in section II you are able to mentor, and how your experience meets the ‘profile of mentors’. Please indicate at the top of the cover letter if you’re applying for the Arabic speaking position.
- Your CV and portfolio. Max 2 pages per CV.
- Your daily rate.
If you have any questions, please send your email KhabarAcademy@bbcmediaaction.org using ‘Enquiry – Articulate Designer ’ in a subject line. Applications or enquiries that do not meet the above requirements and/ or the above subject lines may be missed or disregarded.
- Work with key stakeholders (E-Learning designer, product owners, project managers) to design an engaging and interactive online courses to address specific project needs
- Assist the E-Learning Designer to create new online courses, leveraging the use of technology enabled learning
- To work with the Editorial Development and Middle East Teams to develop the complete solution for learning activities
- To build SCORM compliant learning resources using rapid e-learning authoring software – Articulate 360
- To design, develop and deliver visually stimulating and interactive e-learning content for publication on our LMS – Moodle/Totara
- To edit graphics, audio and video materials if necessary
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the field of e-Learning. Candidates must have a working knowledge of Learner Management Systems, as well as experience of Adobe products, Articulate Storyline and the use of video and sound editing software.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of the complete cycle of e-learning design and implementation
- Creativity to produce interesting and engaging learning programmes
- To build SCORM compliant learning resources using Articulate 360 (Studio 360 and Rise)
- To design, develop and deliver visually stimulating and interactive e-learning content for publication on our learning site
- A deep understanding and knowledge of Adobe CC products
- Knowledge of eLearning infrastructure: LMS – Moodle/Totara
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and adopt a flexible approach
- For the Arabic speaking position, reading and writing proficiency in MSA Arabic is required. MSA Arabic editing experience an advantage.