Our client is a multinational pharmaceutical organization. They seek the service of a Quality Assurance Manager whose primary responsibilities will focus on Nigeria and Ghana while future markets are also being considered within the English speaking countries of West Africa.
Job Location: Lagos State.
Ensure compliance of the Country Pharma Office (CPO) organization with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) legal and regulatory requirements and the Quality Manual and Policies of the organization.
- Ensure that all aspects of the handling, manufacturing (where appropriate) and distribution of pharmaceutical products in the country comply with the requirements of the organizations Quality Manual and Policies and meet all relevant cGMP regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that a local Quality System and Standard Operating Procedures are in place for all Good Manufacturing Practice/Good Distribution Practice (GMP/GDP) related activities and that compliance with cGMP/GDP regulations is maintained through training and internal audits.
- Report monthly Key Quality Indicators (KQIs) related to GMP/GDP activities to CPO QA and monitor them and assure that gaps are addressed appropriately in order to mitigate risk.
- Maintain current knowledge of local and international regulatory and legislative requirements and trends to ensure that technical support on all quality related matters is provided to the country.
- Establish a good working relationship with the Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Drug Regulatory Authority (DRA) departments.
- Ensure that co-ordinated contact is maintained with the Regulatory Authorities, the local partners (suppliers, third parties, licensees, and distributors) and Global Quality Assurance.
- Ensure that all drug products and Investigational Medicinal Products (IMP) are released to the market in accordance with the registered specifications and with local/international regulations. Ensure that an effective Change Control process is in place.
- Ensure quality oversight of third party and coordinate all required activities to guarantee that third party manufacture, (re-)packaging, (re-)labelling, storage and/or distribution of the organization’s products is in compliance with global Standards.
- Establish good working relation with External Supply Organization (ESO) allowing to keep QA oversight on all partners (e.g. third party activities).
- Ensure CPO readiness for all GMP/GDP regulatory inspections.
- Manage external inspections, complaints, deviations, recalls, counterfeits and product tampering according to the organization’s Corporate Quality Manual and local written procedures. Support / participate in the organization’s Emergency Management cases as required and ensure relevant Corrective Action Preventive Actions (CAPAs) have been completed/closed.
- Together with Local Leadership Team members, ensure conduct of adequate training at the CPO for all GMP and GDP related activities by defining, planning and supporting training activities.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Local GMP/GDP Quality System in place and continuously updated, as required.
- GMP/GDP risks proactively identified and effectively mitigated.
- The number and severity of GMP/GDP issues identified during internal and external audits.
- No regulatory problem/action due to inefficient local Change Control procedure.
- Training conducted according to program.
- Education: Degree in Pharmacy, Life Sciences or related fields.
- Language: English (fluent) in speaking and writing (French and Portuguese advantageous).
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a relevant field such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Registration, Production, Distribution or a directly related area. Where required by the local regulation (e.g. EU), Qualified Person eligibility is an advantage.
How to apply
Applications are welcomed from applicants that meet the above requirements and have worked in a related capacity ONLY (those without the aforementioned requirements need not apply). Send CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘IMC-QA’ as subject of email before 15th August, 2017.