Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting – Process Safety Audit Advisor located in 427405, TX Texas / United States .
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Enterprise wide process safety support to all base business operations.
- Act as Lead Advisor and/or Auditor on Strategic Process Safety Audits (SPSAs)
- Support development and continual improvement of audit protocols and tools
- Provide on-boarding and alignment training with internal and external auditors and Team Leads, and
- Act as a process safety SME in support of OE HES Center process safety activities and initiatives.
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a process safety role, with significant experience working in a plant or offshore facility.
- Safety Sensitive Position
- 40 % travel to domestic and international locations, possibly including NOJV sites
- Technical Knowledge – Strong operational background with experience in applying process safety and risk management practices and utilizing company-specific policies, procedures, and guidelines. Knowledge in the practical application of technical engineering standards is desired. Process safety auditing skills and experience is preferred.
- Communications – Both strong written and oral communications skills are essential. Able to compile and analyze data to develop conclusions and produce well-written reports. Develop presentations and papers to communicate lessons learned from relevant process safety incidents. The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to Chevron, in a non-confrontational manner is also essential.
- Project Management — Strong organizational skills and capability to effectively manage OE Audits, and meet deadlines. Able to manage multiple priorities and people concurrently. Able to coach and mentor team members.
- Leadership – Demonstrated ability to lead and positively influence working teams made up of personnel from multiple departments, business units, or organizational levels. Fosters cooperation and collaboration among individuals within and outside work unit. Recognized as a strong leader and technical contributor with regards to process safety.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston